This is me and my friends from freshman year.
We still get together twice a year to catch up!
But is having a social life a good way to stay healthy? YES!
Not only is having a good network of friends and family a ton of fun but research shows that people who live a more solitude lifestyle are more likely to drink heavily, smoke and get less exercise!!
How do you improve your social life? Here are a few great ideas!
1. Join a club or group: A book club, tennis groups, mommy and me play groups, etc can get you out with other people where you can find people who have similar interests.
2. Volunteer: Serving others is a great way to find some lifelong friends.
3. Church: People who share the same beliefs tend to have better friendships. Look for people you can reach out to.
4. Create Small Talk: Talking to a stranger can seem daunting but even giving someone a compliment at the store or at the gym can give them a great boost and allow you to step out of the box!
5. Be Yourself: Step out of the box but don't be someone you're not. People want to see the genuine you!
So today or tomorrow go out with a friend and grab some lunch or go on a walk! Allow yourself time to be with other adults!
What are you doing to increase your social health??